Evolution Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LBP2

4 posters

Go down

LBP2 Empty LBP2

Post by NasalFloss Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Anyone picking this up? Preordered mine from Play. Should have played the demo first... could be awesome but it's got these stupid looking rabbit and gerbil things to ride on and control (you have to download the demo to understand) and just the way they look doesn't fit into the LBP design at all. I'm intrigued though with the supposedly enhanced development kit. If I'm really underwhelmed I guess I can get a good price for it by trading it in (I'm looking at you COD).
NasalFloss
NasalFloss

Back to top Go down

LBP2 Empty Re: LBP2

Post by Shox121 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:35 pm

i will pick it up, but not for a while yet. i liked the first game, and i'm interested to see how the easy the 3d levels are to create, as opposed to the side scrolling lvls of LBP 1.
it really bugs me when ppl say its a kiddies game when, in fact, its probably the most complex game ever created on a console. it can literally drive you insane!!
Shox121
Shox121

Back to top Go down

Post by NasalFloss Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:15 pm

The first one made me swear uncontrollably and made me want to smash something. It seemed that the deaths were 'cheap'. I think you have to play it to understand - some dodgy collision detection and the way that there are 3 depths to the screens made me die MANY times. It hurts to think about it.

It arrived today, played through some of the tutorials just to get more objects/stickers, but haven't touched any of the main content as it's been a long day and I'm tired.
NasalFloss
NasalFloss

Back to top Go down

Post by TomkatNI Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Never played it, just think it's one of those that's never caught my eye enough to buy.

Will be good to hear ppls thoughts on how it plays.
TomkatNI
TomkatNI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik07 Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Shox121 wrote: it can literally drive you insane!!
I agree.
Henrik07
Henrik07
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik07 Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:25 pm

NasalFloss wrote:The first one made me swear uncontrollably and made me want to smash something.
LMAO. I had the 1st one when it was released and after a few days of playing it i ended up firing my PS3 controller against the radiator and smashing it to bits.
I'm surprised i didnt take the disc out and snap it in half aswell. LOL.
It was my 1st PS3 controller with no vibration that i smashed, so i wasnt that pissed off. It was a good excuse to buy a new dualshock 3 controller.
I will for defo NOT be buying LBP2.
Henrik07
Henrik07
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NasalFloss Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:28 pm

TO THE DEVELOPERS!!!! THE GRAPPLING HOOK CONTROLS ARE FUCKING SHIT!!!!

I'd put this to one side, playing Oblivion and Lego Indiana Jones with the intention of gettting back to it. But using the grappling hook is a chore. Yes I want to swing sideways. Not alter the length of the rope. Yes I'm pushing the analog stick simply to the left and right... HOW DOES THIS FUCKING THING WORK???? I've read that 'you need to practice using it man lol hu huh' from LBP fanboys that know the controls are shit and yet defend it.

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PRACTICE FOR THE GUTS OF A FUCKING HOUR!!! Make controlling the stupid thing intuitive - how hard does it have to be to swing left and right? I only managed to get the collectables by utter fluke trying to swing about the place.

I'm leaving this for now - getting extremely angry just thinking about it. I'll pick it up again after I finish doing less painfull things like removing my fucking wisdom teeth with a pair of pliers.

YOU GO TO HELL!!!! YOU GO TO HELL AN' YOU DIE!!!
NasalFloss
NasalFloss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum