Evolution Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Vault" sub-forum.

2 posters

Go down

"The Vault" sub-forum. Empty "The Vault" sub-forum.

Post by Henrik07 Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:51 pm

I see we have a new sub-forum called "The Vault".
Whats that all about?
What is gonna be posted up there?
Is it just for Admin to post up topics in there?
Why cant members post up topics in that sub-forum?
There's nothing to look at it in yet.

Last edited by Henrik07 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henrik07
Henrik07
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"The Vault" sub-forum. Empty Re: "The Vault" sub-forum.

Post by TomkatNI Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:54 pm

The Vault will be a place were I can dump the much older posts when the time comes lad.

Instead of deleting older but maybe relevant posts, They'll be put there, for future viewing and maybe a new member will something of intrest within there, and also be able to catch with all thats went on round here.

Hope that helps a bit Smile
TomkatNI
TomkatNI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik07 Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 pm

TomkatNI wrote:The Vault will be a place were I can dump the much older posts when the time comes lad.

Instead of deleting older but maybe relevant posts, They'll be put there, for future viewing and maybe a new member will something of intrest within there, and also be able to catch with all thats went on round here.

Hope that helps a bit Smile
Ah right,i see, sort of. Will the members be able to post replies in that sub-forum when ya do re-direct older threads to the Vault or is it just gonna be for viewing purpose's only? How are ya gonna choose on what old threads go in there. Obviously its gonna be by when the last time a post was put up in such thread. But how long of a time will you wait till a certain thread is old enough to go in there. i.e. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and the likes of that.
I reckon you will have to choose wisely on what threads are put in there as that sub-forum could take up alot more time than expected and could easily be left to one side if not looked after. Know what i mean.
Henrik07
Henrik07
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TomkatNI Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Well the way I'm plannin to keep it lad, is after a few months, say 3 at minimum, check the older posts and see how many replies and intrest it has got.

If there has been no replies after a certain period then I would move it over the Vault.

If a member or new member come across something intresting or of relevance to him/her then they would be still be able to post in that topic.

Aye lad I know what ye mean if it's left and ignored the forum will get untidy, so I'll always set a date or day aside, an sort them out then Smile
TomkatNI
TomkatNI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik07 Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:45 pm

That sounds alright to me. Very Happy
Henrik07
Henrik07
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down