Evolution Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lifespan of the PS3

+2
TomkatNI
NasalFloss
6 posters

Go down

Lifespan of the PS3 Empty Lifespan of the PS3

Post by NasalFloss Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 am

How long do you think that the market for the PS3 will last? Does anyone think that it's strange that although it's been out for some time now that developers are still having trouble programming for it and that it still has 'untapped potential' as they say?

I truly have no idea what is happening in the console market just now. All answers apppreciated.
NasalFloss
NasalFloss

Back to top Go down

Lifespan of the PS3 Empty Re: Lifespan of the PS3

Post by TomkatNI Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:40 am

I think it's the same the way the PS2 was, that they had trouble at the start making games then as they entered that genration they wwre able to cope.

The 360 is working at maximum specs as of now so it cannot get any better graphicly or programming wise.

All this crap about having problems with the coding and the programming for PS3 I think is bullshit, is a developers way saying that they are lazy. Look at the quality of GT5, Unchartered, Killzone, Resisitence, Infamous few to say the least. Thye are able to work the PS3 alright, they just need to get their lazy ass in gear an atcually make use of what they have. Afterall, if it is too hard to make game using the PS3 hardware, hoe the fuck are they actual developers then? Thank God these guys wern;t about with the old MS-DOS games or Pc games then they would something to cry about alright.

Have a nosey at the next years lineup of games for the PS3....its amazin Very Happy
TomkatNI
TomkatNI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbobby113 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Ps3 is going to be arround for awhile if you like it or not,
360 is f**ked My mate has gone through 3 of them in a year.
Ive had the ps3 for 3 years now and it works bettter then the new ones.
Bobbobby113
Bobbobby113

Back to top Go down

Post by NasalFloss Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Bobbobby113 wrote:Ps3 is going to be arround for awhile if you like it or not,
360 is f**ked My mate has gone through 3 of them in a year.
Ive had the ps3 for 3 years now and it works bettter then the new ones.

Went through 2 RROD and one DVD drive failure with XBox. It didn't help that the XBox had to be sent to Germany??? to be fixed which took 12 weeks a pop. I posted it on the first occasion with its retail box - big mistake. They kept a hold of the box and shipped back the XB in a crappy brown package which in my mind kind of lowers the value overall should you want to sell.

Traded it all in as soon as it got back on the final occasion and got a PS3 the same day. Never looked back. The PS3 slim looks far sexier too Smile
NasalFloss
NasalFloss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shox121 Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:52 pm

they said it will be a ten year console. and in fairness they still give the ps2 massive support so you'd have to believe them.
PS3 is finally expected to overtake the 360 in sales during 2011.
BTW, i'm on my second PS3. i got YLOD on my first on after about 2 years.
Shox121
Shox121

Back to top Go down

Post by TomkatNI Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:50 am

Saying that the PS3 is more reliable isn't really a good arguing point to be honest, comes off slightly sounding as a fanboy to be honest lol. It's like saying that 'my house is better than your house' type of thing.

My first 360 console i Had since I was 19 which is now 4 years old, still works after all this time without any repairs or anything, and the Elite I had worked for an a 2 years before I got rid. Any time I did have a dealing with them over the phone or had sent a 360 away for repair, everything went smoothly an had it back within a few days. They also tell ya to use an old box, not the box originally for it, as it could get lost.

Reason why I jumped ship,was the fact that the gaming community over on the 360 is completely shit now, the way it is on PS3 now is the way it usedto be on 360 when I first started.

Think why everyone at that time jumped from PS2 to a 360 was that the 360 got a one year head start, and came with Achievements. If Sony had not brought in Trophies they would still be behind, as it would have swayed me an a few more lads I know.

But things are now looking solid for Sony, with the amount of Exclusive they have next year.....now thats good arguing points Very Happy
TomkatNI
TomkatNI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik07 Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 am

I'm on my 2nd PS3 at the min.
I got my 1st one around the launch of the PS3 and it kicked the bucket 2 days before last xmas.I went out and bought my slimline the next day. I couldnt be arsed to try and fix it myself as me and sean fixed his one before but it only lasted a few days till his broke again. I had MW2 stuck in my PS3 so out with the hammer and screw-driver and i'd the disc back out in mins. That didnt really matter when i bought the slimline as MW2 came with it anyway.So last xmas i had 2 MW2 games,a smashed up PS3 and a brand new PS3 slim.
Henrik07
Henrik07
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DiffoTheDragon Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:06 am

My 40GB will be three years old on Christmas, that just shows how reliable Sony are.
DiffoTheDragon
DiffoTheDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TomkatNI Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:16 am

DiffoTheDragon wrote:My 40GB will be three years old on Christmas, that just shows how reliable Sony are.

Doesn't mean anything lad, sure my 360 is 4 years old without any problems, but that doesn't mean 360s are reliable.

It dont mean a thing to be hoenst, just means your one of the lucky ones whos' ps3 or 360 hasn't broke down.
TomkatNI
TomkatNI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbobby113 Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:32 am

Ya but how much did you and do you play with it?
Bobbobby113
Bobbobby113

Back to top Go down

Post by TomkatNI Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:51 am

Bobbobby113 wrote:Ya but how much did you and do you play with it?

lol! At that time it was in use every single day for a good few hours straight, same as my PS3.I ran a few clans on over there so I was on quite alot, more than I am actually on here atm.

I'll point out to all that I don't wanna see this turnin into a fanboy thread.
TomkatNI
TomkatNI
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TomkatNI Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:01 am

What all the companies are talkin at the time is moving unto cloud gaming:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_gaming
TomkatNI
TomkatNI
Admin